Can YOU Answer The Call?
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The South Bend Police Department is a department offering you more than just a job. Your career in Law Enforcement has numerous opportunities and positions to allow your career advancement.
- Probationary Patrolman $41,500/yr
- Patrolman 1st Class (years 1-3) $43,496/yr
- Corporal (years 3+) $48,496/yr
(Bonus for afternoon and midnight shift officers)
- Paid Basic and lateral on-the-job (FTO) Training
- Special Duty Incentives (SWAT, FTO, CUT, etc)
- Court Pay during non working hours
- Take Home Car program (upon FTO completion)
- Uniforms and Equipment provided
- Health/Life Insurance
- College Reimbursement Program
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Hazardous Duty Pay
- Longevity Pay
- On-Call Pay
- PERF Pension
- Retirement at 52 years of age with 20 years of service
CAREER PATH OPPORTUNITIES
the numerous opportunities for career enhancement within the department:
- Bomb Squad
- Civil Unrest Team (CUT)
- Crime Scene Technician/Crime Lab/CSI
- Crime Prevention
- Detective Bureau/SVU
- FTO- Field Training Officers
- High-Tech crimes
- Hostage Negotiator
- K9 Unit
- MHU- Metro Homicide Unit
- Metro SOS- (Narcotics/Undercover)
- Street Crimes Unit
Questions? Need more information?
Bend Police Department
Training & Recruiting
701 West Sample Street
South Bend , Indiana 46601
574-235-7529 or 574-235-9224
The City of South Bend is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What It Takes..STEP UP.
So you've heard the call and are thinking about police work as a career?
>>> READ MORE
STAY THE COURSE.
Police work: physically and mentally demanding. "Fitness" is a state of mind.... and body.
>>> READ MORE