Thursday, November 08, 2007
Unwanted Phone Calls
Q:I am having a problem with a female "stalker". She is calling my phone repeatedly daily. Her calls are coming into my cell phone as restricted. When I answer sometimes she won't say anything, sometimes she will. I am going to filing a restraining order against her. I would like to get a copy of her phones records showing her dialing my cell number from her land line and cell phone. Is this possible? If so, what is the process?

A: Typically phone companies will not provide you with a copy of this information but police may be able to access this for an investigation into your matter. First, you should document the calls with a police report to start your process. I also suggest to victims to contact phone companies to advise them of the problem, and in many cases, they can place a block on certain numbers or on your phone line to prevent these calls in the first place. Changing your phone number will usually help resolve the unwanted calls. AT&T residential customers may also report this by calling their Annoyance Call Bureau, or consider adding Privacy Manager service to the phone to eliminate unidentified calls.


posted by South Bend Police Department @ 11:10 AM  

Welcome to the newly reformatted South Bend Police Department Blog. This blog is an excellent way for us to be more accessible to the public through open communication not typical for law enforcement.

This blog incorporates SBPD related announcements, our popular Ask A Cop feature questions still answered, Twitter updates, and other Crime Prevention related tips you can use.

Take a look at the articles posted on this blog and you’ll find many inform-
ative and interesting topics. We try to cover issues that really affect you such as providing a wide range of safety and crime prevention tips, or explaining some of the mysteries of police work so you have a better understanding of why we do things.

You also get to hear periodically from our guest bloggers such as recruits going through the academies to become officers. “Ask A Cop” is still here, and since 2006 has been very popular with over 360 questions from citizens and our answers posted to date!

Thanks for visiting. If you have any questions or suggestions about the blog, contact us!

About Ask A Cop
The South Bend Police Ask A Cop forum and blog is provided for entertainment purposes only. Content provided is for general information and does not represent an all inclusive answer for every person and every situation.

As such, all content is provided 'as is' and without warranties or guarantees of any kind, either express or implied. Use of this site and reliance on the content is exclusively at the user's risk.

Information provided on or through this site does not constitute legal advice nor legal representation. For these purposes, the user should consult an attorney.

Questions submitted to Ask A Cop are read and reviewed to determine the eligibility of the question for publication.
The South Bend Police Department reserves the right not to answer or post a question, particularly if the content is deemed unacceptable or inappropriate.

  • Submit your Ask A Cop Question Here!
  • The SBPD Blog

    From Twitter:
      follow me on Twitter
      Previous Post