Thursday, July 05, 2007
How to Report Drug Activity
Q:What do I do if I think the house next door to me is dealing or making drugs? The basement windows are covered up, there is a lot of fast in/out traffic in the early morning hours, people staying there change frequently, little plastic bags appear in the neighboring yards, no one seems to go to work at a job, etc. There are kids that live there too. Something bad is going on and I really don't want my house in danger. It's scary to think what may happen. Thanks for any direction you can give me.

A: The things you mention are, in fact, good indicators of a possible drug house in your area. Please contact the Metro Special Operations Section (MSOS) drug tip line at 235-9406 to report this activity. Getting rid of neighborhood drug houses depends upon citizens willing to provide this information to assist police in ongoing efforts to rid the city of drug and nuisance houses.
posted by South Bend Police Department @ 12:50 AM  

Welcome to the newly reformatted South Bend Police Department Blog. This blog is an excellent way for us to be more accessible to the public through open communication not typical for law enforcement.

This blog incorporates SBPD related announcements, our popular Ask A Cop feature questions still answered, Twitter updates, and other Crime Prevention related tips you can use.

Take a look at the articles posted on this blog and you’ll find many inform-
ative and interesting topics. We try to cover issues that really affect you such as providing a wide range of safety and crime prevention tips, or explaining some of the mysteries of police work so you have a better understanding of why we do things.

You also get to hear periodically from our guest bloggers such as recruits going through the academies to become officers. “Ask A Cop” is still here, and since 2006 has been very popular with over 360 questions from citizens and our answers posted to date!

Thanks for visiting. If you have any questions or suggestions about the blog, contact us!

About Ask A Cop
The South Bend Police Ask A Cop forum and blog is provided for entertainment purposes only. Content provided is for general information and does not represent an all inclusive answer for every person and every situation.

As such, all content is provided 'as is' and without warranties or guarantees of any kind, either express or implied. Use of this site and reliance on the content is exclusively at the user's risk.

Information provided on or through this site does not constitute legal advice nor legal representation. For these purposes, the user should consult an attorney.

Questions submitted to Ask A Cop are read and reviewed to determine the eligibility of the question for publication.
The South Bend Police Department reserves the right not to answer or post a question, particularly if the content is deemed unacceptable or inappropriate.

  • Submit your Ask A Cop Question Here!
  • The SBPD Blog

    From Twitter:
      follow me on Twitter
      Previous Post