Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Disorderly house next door
Q:when my new neighbors moved in a few months it was just her and her 2 kids. Now 2 more all live in that small house. Her yells at the time and both me and another neighbor smell pot almost everyday most time on the front porch between 6:30pm and 7. I called the police twice, both times they missed them. Is there anything that can be done?

A: I see by your post that you live in Mishawaka, so what MPD does may differ. Based upon what you see, if there is signs of a domestic disturbance or loud noise coming from the vehicle you can contact police, however any action taken depends upon the circumstances at that time. Enforcement may be taken from investigation, a full report, or simplay asking them to keep the noise down. As for possible narcotics use, you can report suspected drug activity countywide at 235-9406 to the tip line.
posted by South Bend Police Department @ 11:21 PM  

Welcome to the newly reformatted South Bend Police Department Blog. This blog is an excellent way for us to be more accessible to the public through open communication not typical for law enforcement.

This blog incorporates SBPD related announcements, our popular Ask A Cop feature questions still answered, Twitter updates, and other Crime Prevention related tips you can use.

Take a look at the articles posted on this blog and you’ll find many inform-
ative and interesting topics. We try to cover issues that really affect you such as providing a wide range of safety and crime prevention tips, or explaining some of the mysteries of police work so you have a better understanding of why we do things.

You also get to hear periodically from our guest bloggers such as recruits going through the academies to become officers. “Ask A Cop” is still here, and since 2006 has been very popular with over 360 questions from citizens and our answers posted to date!

Thanks for visiting. If you have any questions or suggestions about the blog, contact us!

About Ask A Cop
The South Bend Police Ask A Cop forum and blog is provided for entertainment purposes only. Content provided is for general information and does not represent an all inclusive answer for every person and every situation.

As such, all content is provided 'as is' and without warranties or guarantees of any kind, either express or implied. Use of this site and reliance on the content is exclusively at the user's risk.

Information provided on or through this site does not constitute legal advice nor legal representation. For these purposes, the user should consult an attorney.

Questions submitted to Ask A Cop are read and reviewed to determine the eligibility of the question for publication.
The South Bend Police Department reserves the right not to answer or post a question, particularly if the content is deemed unacceptable or inappropriate.

  • Submit your Ask A Cop Question Here!
  • The SBPD Blog

    From Twitter:
      follow me on Twitter
      Previous Post